ANALIZING MY GOALS:
1. Explore the design process of a garment
a. I was present in a design consultation with clients.
b. Helped writing down the clients measurements and garment specifications
2. Increase knowledge and ability to figure out what a customer wants so I can meet those demands and create product with customer satifaction
a. I sat in on various meetings to see the costumer-designer relationship
3. Learn preparation processes for sales and other events on the wholesale level of the fashion business.
a. Help hands on with the production of the upcoming fashion show.
b. Sonia designated several task to me and had me in charge
c. Explore the process of assembling presentation boards for meetings
d. I was a key staff member in the deisgner preview fahion show for her VIP customers.
- Picked by Sonia to accompany her to a charity runway she was showing in the Hilton Hotel, worked backstage next to her.
4. Learn the difference in the processes of mass produced apparel versus customized garments.
a. Saw Sonia work hands on on over 20 patterns and pieces and learned how time comsuming the taskl of a fashion designer can be
5.Identify other careers in the Fashion/Apperal industry above and beyond my classroom to assist in choosing post-graduation career.
a. Learned that the disgn and construction side of fashion was not the correct career for me although I loved the event planning side of a fashion show.
** I would like to say that I fully completed my goals and then some, this was definitely a once in a life time opportunity that thought me so much and I am deeply grateful for experiencing it. I’m hoping a land another internship like this one next summer with one for the designer I met while working with her.**